Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Viruses can be very frustrating Especially when your on antivirus Software does not detect them but not to panic I think I have an easy solution.
There are diffrent types of viruses.
1) Redirection Malware = redirect your search engine results to harmfull sites.
2) Software Virus = nowadays act as a fake anti-virus to obtain credit card details.
The second one is the most dangerous and if you fall for it, you'll think that you're buying extra protection but you're just giving out your details instead.
so to makesure you do not fall for these traps here are few tips.
1) Always makesure you are using an original software brand and not some random antivirus name you never heard of or seen on TV.
2) Review the product before you purchase it, look up the name of the company. or find a telephone number and verify it.
3) Windows will never ask you to install or download extra protection so never click on something that is too good to be true, as windows does all that using updates in the background so if your updates are switched on then simply forget about authorising anything that sounds techy and important.
If something is going to be installed without your permission and you dont have time to act simply switch off the computer from the power button.
As a technical engineer, the best way to remove them is using a complete factory restore but for those of you who can't afford that you can try the follwing
First'up you need to use a diffrent computer to download some special software because the infected one won't allow you.
you need Malwarebytes (FREE) and Hitman pro (FREE)
then use a USB stick and transfer the files into the infected computer and install both of the softwares.
After installation is complete, restart the computer into safemode (using f8 on boot) using safemode now run the malwarebytes full scan and delete all results found, then restart the pc again using safemode and run Hitman pro scan too and delete all results.
After the scan, you will need to modify the registry start-up to prevent the viruses from starting up.
1) Click on Start then Run then type msconfig
in the general type chose (minimum start-up ) click apply then restart.
For the final step, you need to unistall Mozilla Firefox, then restart the computer and download a new version of Firefox if needed.
1) Go to start, then Control Panel
2) Add or Remove programs / Programs and Features for win7 & vista
3) Then unistall mozilla firefox.
That's it, now all your viruses should have gone again and you should be able to browse securely. here is a video of one of the most popular viruses
Viruses usually come from non official websites such as Porn sites, Torrents & Free Games sites where good things are provided for free but the real cost is you might hit the wrong link and get a virus so try avoid non trusted websites.
Posted by lotfi... on
Feb 26, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jun 08, 2010 | Dell Studio 15 Laptop
Aug 08, 2009 | Yahoo Mail
194 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!