Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
How to try to extend the battery life are much concerned by many laptop users. Utilizing some small skills and minimize unnecessary waste of battery during the using process can make you full use of your laptop battery power.
The engineers of IBM personal computer business division give vast laptop users some good suggestions here to ensure that you can maximum extend laptop battery utility time. Therefore, it will improve your work efficiency; let you enjoy mobile office work and entertainment pleasure without limits.
IBM batteries on sale :
IBM thinkpad t40 Battery £ 37.52
ibm thinkpad t41 battery US $ 41.24
ibm thinkpad r60 battery. US $ 71.27
IBM ThinkPad T60 Battery £ 38.51
* Turn down the brightness of the screen. At the same time, although IBM ThinkPad laptop keyboard is equipped with lights, ThinkLight, but in order to save power, it is better to turn on it when under darkness conditions.
* When not using the wireless receiver device, turn it off please.
* Some users like opening CD or DVD to play music anytime, the power of battery will flow away quietly along with the music playing. Suggest everybody turn on the music only under the situation that they do want to enjoy the music.
* When the battery during using process, try to fully charge and discharge the battery.
* Try to avoid using it under high temperature and low temperature, for example, when you enjoy sunshine on the beach, please don’t leave your laptop in the car to enjoy SAUNA.
* Use proper AC adapter for your ThinkPad laptop.
* Use the IBM ThinkPad battery Battery MaxiMiser management software you select the most suitable for the extension of the power program.
* Use the IBM ThinkPad battery management software – Battery MaxiMiser, select the power extension program which suitable for you.
* Setup the standby time of monitor, hard disk and system sleep time, because it is no need to let your laptop still running at full load when you are at non-working stage.
* Under the Intel SpeedStep technology effect situation, the processor based on the current load situation adjusts the speed automatically to save battery power overall.
In fact, the laptop battery is a spiritual guy, after got expert advices, please treat it properly, it will bring you to enjoy a better mobile life.
battery info via:
Posted by battery007 on
Feb 21, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Feb 03, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Dec 29, 2012 | Lenovo IdeaPad A1 Tablet with 16GB Memory...
Frequent Charging Shortens Battery Life
Frequent charging shortens the life span of a Lithium ion battery. Batteries should be charged only after they expend all their power.
Switching batteries helps preserve battery life: If a cell phone or computer user puts in a spare battery while separately charging the primary Lithium ion battery, that helps extend the life of both batteries.
Most laptops charge the battery when a user plugs in the AC adapter. Users can adjust this setting by changing the power options. Windows places this option in the Control Panel, while the Gnome Linux desktop places power options under "Administrative Tools". Cell phones incorporate their own power-saving features that the user usually cannot control.
When to Replace a Lithium Ion Battery
If a laptop battery does not hold a charge for more than a few minutes, a user must replace the Lithium ion battery if he wants to use the computer without an AC adapter.
Other Ways to Extend Battery Life
Storing a battery in a cool, dry environment causes a lithium-ion battery to last a little longer and reduces the frequency of needed battery replacements.
hope this helps
Sep 29, 2012 | Advent Computers & Internet
Jan 05, 2012 | Dell Computers & Internet
276 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!