Tip & How-To about Cell Phones
This quide will help you setup you phone as a wireless router. I tested this on HTC hero A6262( Firmware : 2.1 , Villain 3.1 ROM)
You will need :
1. An android device with root access.
2. Mobile Network Connection
3. Wifi Tether/ aNetShare application in the phone.
1. Enable the mobile network from setting.
2. Open the Wifi Tether/ aNetShare app in your phone, and tap “Start tethering”.
3. Go to PC/Laptop and search for wireless networks, you will see you phone’s SSID.
4. Click connect.
5. Once connected open firefox.
6. Go to Tools > Options > Advanced Tab > Settings.
7. Select Manual proxy configuration and enter the proxy setting.
8. Click Ok.
9. Enjoy !!
Posted by Arjun... on
Dec 13, 2010 | T-Mobile Computers & Internet
Aug 05, 2010 | Cell Phones
Jul 30, 2010 | HTC Hero Smartphone
Oct 05, 2009 | HTC Hero Smartphone
Sep 16, 2009 | NetGear WNR2000 Wireless Router
301 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!