Tip & How-To about Televison & Video
Hello again, I am here to try and put together tips here at Fixya.com "TO SAVE YOU MONEY".
Is you remote really dead?
Have you tried these steps?
1. Pull the batteries out of the remote and leave them out until Step 4.
2. Press and release each and every button one at a time on the remote control until every button has been pressed and released at least once!
3. If your remote has buttons, they may be stuck go to step 2.
4. Put the batteries back into the remote
5. New batteries should be used if you're not sure about the old ones.
Try the remote.
You also can try taking it apart "things do get in between the buttons". So what you can do is take the button pad out and clean the debris inside. You can use 90 percent grade alcohol or even electronic circuit board cleaner bought from radio shack.
If it still does not work then the chances are you need to check into www.remotes.com for a new factory remote. You can also use any universal remote that will not break the budget.
I will update my tips as time goes on and as I experiment with actual dead remotes but until then follow these steps it will save you money and frustration.
It would be considerate of you to consider all tips from all experts and also casting you vote for us. We are on this forum to help save you money! We only want your vote is your truly satisfied, Thanks
Posted by Grand... on
Jan 06, 2011 | Toshiba MW24FM3 24 in. TV/VCR/DVD Combo
Dec 09, 2010 | LG 42LC2D 42 in. LCD HDTV
Nov 18, 2010 | Quasar VV2007 20 in. Combo
Oct 26, 2010 | Televison & Video
Oct 23, 2010 | Televison & Video
580 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!