Hi, follow the steps below to reset and reconfigure the router:
At the back of the router you will find a small tiny hole (which says restore to factory default settings). Press the button with the help of a paper clip and hold it down for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, please release the button and power off the router for 5 seconds then power the router back.
1. Connect a Ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN port of the router (isolated port).
2. Connect the computer to the router using any one of the 4 available ports. Please make sure that there is no direct connection between the modem and the computer (either using Ethernet cable or USB cable).
3. Power off the modem and the router after making the connections.
4. Power on the modem and wait for the lights, then power on the router.
1. Open the browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari).
2. Access the router, usually with http://192.168.1.1
3. Login to the router with the Username as "admin" and Password as "password" (please note that the Username and Password are case sensitive).
4. Click on 'Basic settings' from the left menu and select 'Use Computers MAC Address' from 'router MAC Address' section.
5. Click Apply.
6. Once it updates the settings then power off the modem and the router. Power on the modem and wait for the lights, then power on the router.
Once online on the main computer connected through the router. Perform the following tasks to configure the wireless connection:
On the router settings page
1. Click on wireless settings from the left menu.
2. Set the 'Authentication Type' as 'Automatic'. Set the 'Encryption Strength' as 64-bit. In Key 1 type a 10 digit number. Apply the settings.
Perform the task below on the wireless VISTA computer:
1. Click START, Click Control Panel then click classic view in left hand side
2. In the main screen, open up NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER.
3. In the left hand side menu open up MANAGE WIRELESS NETWORKS.
4. If you see any name in the list, please select the name and click remove.
5. Once the list is empty, click on ADD, select the first option, ADD A NETWORK THAT IS IN RANGE OF THE COMPUTER.
6. click on your network name SSID and click on connect. If you have a Password setup on the router enter the security key.
7. This should setup the wireless network.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.