Tip & How-To about Cell Phones
Tips / undocumented functions:
- At the top of the main-menu and every folder, the keys 1 to 9 are shortcuts to the icons 1-9
- A shortcut on the left menukey in standby-mode will take more time to open than a shortcut on the right menukey. Reason: The left key is also used for the keylock so it shortly waits for pressing the * button.
- While writing text press and hold "#" to switch between Alpha mode and Number mode. You can also press a key long to insert its number.
- In standby-mode, press and hold 0 to launch your wap home page.
- If you have your keylock activated just press the on/off button to turn on your backlight to look at the time when it's dark without having to unlock the keypad.
- To keep the backlight on, run Torch (freeware), press and hold the Menu button and go somewhere else on the phone.
- To check your current firmware version simply type *#0000# in standby screen.
- To check your IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) type *#06# in standby screen.
- To check your Bluetooth device address type *#2820# in standby screen.
- Start up in Safe Mode (no 'auto start' apps will be running): Hold down the pencil key when you turn on the phone and hold it on until you have to enter your PIN code.
- Format the phone memory by typing *#7370# in standby screen.
- In standby mode,
Posted by ASHRAF CA on
Aug 11, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Jun 07, 2013 | IwantSoft Free Keylogger
Dec 08, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Jan 09, 2009 | Acer Aspire™ T180 PC Desktop
Dec 09, 2008 | Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia Unlocked Cellular...
151 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!