Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
This is a quick tutorial about how to convert AVCHD M2TS MTS to iPad compatible formats so that you can play movie videos from Sony, Panasonic, Canon, JVC , etc HD camcorders on iPad
Before we get started, let's learn some Glossary s about m2ts, MTS, AVCHD and iPad.
AVCHD (Advanced Video Coding High Definition) - is a format for the recording and playback of high definition video, created specifically for high-definition (HD) digital camcorders like Sony, Panasonic, Canon, JVC and Sanyo video camcorders. Generally files with extensions M2TS (after import to computer), MTS(on camcorder).
Note: you can use VLC Media Player to play AVCHD MTS M2TS files
iPad - is a tablet computer developed by Apple Inc. Announced on January 27, 2010, Only support MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF audio format and MP4, MOV, H.264 Video files
So if you want to import AVCHD files from your HD camcorders to watch on iPad, you must convert AVCHD M2TS MTS to iPad MP4, now let's go to the solution.
What we need is Camera AVCHD(M2TS MTS) to iPad Video Converter - Daniusoft iPad Video Converter; it's a smart iPad Video conversion software that can easily convert almost Video, Audio and HD Video files to iPad with amazing editing function, and it's very easy to use:
1. First save the AVCHD M2TS MTS file from your HD video camera to your computer. then install and run Daniusoft iPad Video Converter, Click the "Add Files" button to browse your computer hard drive and load the HD video files you want to convert to the software.
2.Select "iPad Video MPEG-4 (*.mp4)" as the output format, the default setting will work great, you also can click "Settings" to customize output parameters like resolution ratio (640×480 and 1280*720), bit rate, frame rate, encoder, etc for iPad video.
Note: Daniusoft iPad Video Converer provides some video editing features like Cropping(Cut off the black edge of your video), Clipping(trim any segment of your video to convert), etc, you can DIY your video at will for your iPad.
3. Click "Start" button to convert AVCHD M2TS MTS to iPad.
4.Transfer Video to iPad with iTunes
1. Open iTunes and click "File" to add your MP4 video into iTunes library.
2. Connect iPad with yourcomputer, then iTunes will detect your iPad as a device.
3. Select your iPad on the left panel of iTunes, click "Movies" tab, check the videos you want to sync and click "Apply", done.
Note: If you don't like to use iTunes to manager your iPad Media files, you can try Daniusoft iTransfer instead – which can copy music video between iPad/iPhone/iPod to computer directly without iTunes.
Tag: Convert AVCHD to iPad, Convert M2TS to iPad, Convert MTS to iPad
Posted by wwwhhhwhwh... on
Aug 03, 2010 | Cell Phones
Jul 27, 2010 | Cell Phones
1,367 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!