Tip & How-To about Washing Machines
Always clean out your pump trap every month to prevent items that may have entered the wash bowl from your clothes from stopping the drain cycle
Posted by Tony Pike on
Aug 02, 2015 | GE Washing Machines
Hello Tony - Often when a unit does not spin it is because the unit cannot properly drain and dispose of the water and detergent solution. Does the drain pump make a humming noise? If so, there may be a restriction in the drain line or siphoning. Otherwise since it is such a complex unit I would recommend contacting a professional to have either the pump or timer diagnose. Also you might want to clean out the coin trap, filter trap, of the unit for extra security. This needs to be completed about every 6 months to prevent any issues.
1. Unplug the unit.
2. Tilt the unit up to where the front feet are in the air and the back feet are still on the ground. Please make sure the unit is propped up safely.
3. Now that the unit is propped up look inside on the bottom right hand side there is a black looking accordion thing. This is the coin trap.
4. Clean the drum out with as much water as possible and have towels ready. The next step you will have the remaining water come out.
5. At the top of the coin trap where it is attached to the drum is a silver spring with a silver screw. Loosen the screw and wiggle the coin trap down from the drum.
6. Reach inside the coin trap and clean what is inside of it out.
7. Put the unit back together following the same steps backwards
Sep 26, 2012 | Frigidaire Affinity ATF7000E Front Load...
Sep 07, 2010 | Kenmore HE2 Plus Front Load Washer
Apr 18, 2010 | Whirlpool Duet GHW9150P Front Load Washer
Oct 30, 2009 | Hotpoint WMA64 Front Load Washer
141 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!