Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
1. Quit iTunes.
2. Locate your iTunes folder.
Operating System Default location of iTunes Folder
Microsoft Windows XP and 2000 Documents and Settings[your username]My DocumentsMy Music
Microsoft Windows Vista Users[your username]Music
Microsoft Windows 7 Users[your username]My Music
3. Open your iTunes folder.
4. Drag the iTunes Music Library.xml to the Desktop
5. Drag the following file from your iTunes folder to the Trash:
Microsoft Windows "iTunes Library.itl" (in versions of iTunes prior to 4.9 this was called "iTunes 4 Music Library.itl")
6. Open iTunes.
Important: Do not add any content into iTunes at this point.
7. Choose File > Library > Import Playlist.
8. Navigate to the iTunes Music Library.xml file on the Desktop.
Windows users: Click Open.
Posted by John Doe on
Mar 22, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Oct 13, 2008 | Apple iTunes
285 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!