Tip & How-To about Office Equipment & Supplies
How to enable or disable printer and file sharing in Windows 7
1. Click on the start button, then click on Control Panel
2. Once in Control Panel click on Network and Sharing Center
3. Click on Change Advanced Sharing Settings, located in the upper left hand corner
4. Next you will need to make sure you are accessing your current network profile. In most cases the current profile will already be explained. Note with the network profiles allows you to set different access for different types of networks.
5. Next you will need click on or off file and printer sharing as desired.
6. Next click on Save Changes
Note you you may want to change the Network Discovery settings as well.
Posted by Will... on
Jun 01, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Mar 28, 2010 | HP Pavilion dv5tse Notebook
Dec 10, 2009 | Lexmark X1150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
1,808 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!