LG VX 9600 Versa Firmware Upgrade
Follow these steps to reflash the firmware of your Verizon LG VX9600 Versa Cell Phone to version 4.
- Install the LG Versa USB driver. Download and extract the first file "LGUSBModemDriver_Eng_WHQL_Ver_4.6.rar". Once extracted, install the file.
- Download the "DLLs.rar" file and extract it. Once extracted add the "Right_Click_Register_DLL.reg" to the registry.
- Install the LGNPST 1.1 software. Download this file, extract it, install it. REBOOT.
- Register the VX9600.dll file. Go to the directory "C:/LG Electronics/LGNPST/models/VX9600" and put the "VX9600.dll" and the "LGNPST_GenericModel_Ver_1_0_5_0.dll" files into that folder. (These files were in the "DLLs.rar" file.) Now, RIGHT CLICK on the "VX9600.dll" file and click "Register".
- Get the BIN file for version v04. Download it from here: LG-Versa-VX9600-v04-Firmware-Update and extract the VZW folder.
- Update your phone. Now plug in your phone and open up the LGNPST software. It should be under Programs ->Phone Flashing Applications -> LG Electronics. You should see your VX9600 under the "Model" column. Now where it says "BIN File" click the folder icon and navigate to the "VZW" folder with the bin file, then select it. You may also need to go to file -> Select DLL and select the "VX9600.dll" file, although I didn’t need to when I did it. Click start and your phone's firmware will be reflashed.
I hope that helps.