Tip & How-To about GPS
To perform a Master Reset on the nuvi 200, 205, 465, 500, 600, 700, 705, 1200,1300,1400 or 1600 series device:
Note: A master reset will erase all waypoints or favorites and will restore your unit to the default factory settings. If you would like to back up your favorites you can find instructions to do so here.
1. Start with the unit OFF and unplugged from power
2. Touch and hold the lower right corner of the screen with an index finger or the eraser end of a pencil
3. Continue touching and holding the lower right hand corner of the screen then power the unit ON
4. Release the power button when the device powers ON
* You will see a new message: Do you really want to erase all user data?
5. Remove your finger from the touchscreen when this message displays
6. Touch Yes
The device will automatically reset. Follow the on screen prompts then place your device in an area with a clear view of the sky until it acquires satellites.
***Don't forget to VOTE for the guys who take an interest in helping!
Posted by JB... on
Mar 18, 2015 | Garmin nuvi 205W GPS Receiver
Aug 12, 2014 | Garmin Nuvi 205 series
Nov 24, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 205W GPS Receiver
Jul 01, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 205W GPS Receiver
Mar 10, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 260W GPS Receiver