Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
"Studies show that computer keyboards have more bacteria than toilet seats."
With that statement, who would want to touch a keyboard?
But it happens; some how beer can be spilled over the keyboard and makes your hung-over Facebook up-loads the next day, a little sticky. It doesn't matter if its pop, green tea, peanut-butter and jelly sandwich filling, or just plane ol' dust and dirt, i will tell you the easiest way to get your keyboard looking like new!
The top rack of your home dishwasher will do wonders!
Heres what to do:
- unplug your board from your computer
- place the keybord on the top rack with buttons facing down, cord and all!
- only put in a small amount of dishwasher detergent
- put your dishwasher on a light setting, such as "China/Crystal"- Turn it on!
- wait until the dishwasher has completed its cycle, but make sure your dishwasher dose not go into its drying cycle, as the high heat could damage your keyboard.
- take it out and drain all excess water, and find a good spot to dry!
- Once dry, plug it back into your computer and enjoy your clean keyboard!!
I would not recommend this technique to users with displays on there keyboard as water may be able to get in behind the display and/or damage it.
If this was helpful please rate with a 4 thumbs up!! Thanks for using fixya.com!!
Posted by inoastar on
Mar 09, 2015 | Lenovo Computers & Internet
Feb 24, 2011 | Samsung Pleomax PKB-700B Keyboard
Sep 05, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1420 Keyboard
1,027 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!