Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
I talked in a past “tips & tricks” about “How to quickly reinstall your operatingsystem”. I told you there about the time of the reinstallation. Now I bringyou a even quicker method. But. Of course there is a “but” here. The catch isabout the flash drive (pen drive, stick, USB flash, etc.), or should I sayabout the transfer speed and the capacity of the flash drive.
OK. The next question is: Why do I need a bootable stick?Here are some possible answers:
· You just bought an Acer Aspire One, or ToshibaNB200, or Asus EEE PC that hasn’t got any optical drive
· You do not have a optical drive on your computeror the one you have is broken
· Or you want to have a complete arsenal ofsoftware.
For making the bootable stick you will need thefollowing:
· A computer with Windows XP or Vista installed (Ihaven’t tested on Windows 7 yet)
· The installation CD of Windows (insert it intoyour optical drive and leave it there for the whole process)
· An USB flash. Preferably of 2-4 GB (depends on which version ofWindows you want to put) and with a high transfer rate.
· Download the following software:
Check Part II for the next steps. Because of the length issues I had to write a second tip
Posted by Florin... on
Nov 09, 2014 | Xerox DocuColor 12 Printer
May 14, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Aug 19, 2011 | Xerox Computers & Internet
May 22, 2010 | Everex StepNote NC1500 Notebook
431 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!