Tip & How-To about Cell Phones

What to do when your cellphone drops in thw water...

If your cellphone accidentally drops in water, or get some wet due to raindrops. First thing you have to do is to take off the battery immediately.now if you can take off the cover both front and back, remove it,and let the water drained.now if you think there is still moist inside, apply some hot air, you can use a hair blower.Set it to the lowest temperature.make sure not to point directly on the LCD surface.or you can take off the LCD if you can.otherwise forget it if you don't have any idea.(ask for assistance)then if you think your phone is now free from wet.you can put back the battery and observe. If you found something wrong, take off the battery again and goto a good technician and let them fix it for you. hope you enjoy my tip.thanks for reading...

Posted by on

Cell Phones Logo

Related Topics:

Related Questions:

2 Answers

I dropped my cellphone into the wash basin accidentally and it got wet.I wiped it dry and switched it on. But after 5 minutes it switched off by itself and now am unable to switch it on. It took out the battery,memory card and sim card and put it on the window sill to dry up. I think it might have been short circuited. What to I do now? Please Help!


You should have turned it off immediately then removed the battery and put it in a dry warm place to dry out completely.
It looks like the cell phone is damaged and it may not be repairable. You could try a cell phone repairer, I suggest you get a quote as it may not be worth repairing.

Apr 08, 2013 | Nokia 5130 XpressMusic Red Unlocked Import...

1 Answer

lg rumor is wet


You shud remove the battery and use your hairdryer without heat on it and dryup all the water traces and moisture. Try it many times. And then put the battery back and switch it on and see it work.

Jul 30, 2009 | LG RUMOR Cellular Phone

1 Answer

fell in water


Well - Your DS is very likely dead at this point. DO NOT "Just Turn It On to Check" This will almost certainly kill it.
If you have some basic electrical & mechanical skill, you could take it apart and have a look. Here is the general procedure for electronics that get wet:
AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (like immediately) after it gets wet, turn off the device and remove the battery. If it has an internal battery, when you get it open, disconnect the battery immediately.
You will be looking for:
Corrosion
Short-Circuit Burns
Remaining Water/Moisture
If you have identified any corrosion or burns, best thing would be to chuck it.
If there is no visible damage, then pat dry any wet/moist parts. Let the unit sit open in a warm, dry spot for 24h to fully dry.
Reassemble without turning on.
Charge battery, or put in fresh batteries.
Turn on & hope for the best.

In your case, I would do the above, then with a multimeter - check the battery voltage. Then charge the battery for a few hours and check the battery to see if the voltage has increased. If so, you are getting a charge and the unit should power up if it has no damage.

Hope this helps, but really, it's probably dead. You can also find a local firm who fixes water damaged electronics & cellphones to see if they can help you out.

Cheers

Feb 15, 2009 | Nintendo DS Lite Console

Not finding what you are looking for?

146 people viewed this tip

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Cell Phones Experts

Computer Repairing
Computer Repairing

Level 3 Expert

14641 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

76164 Answers

William Alequin

Level 3 Expert

928 Answers

Are you a Cell Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Loading...