Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Well a computer user mostly afraid and suffers from virus attacks. Virus is the unwanted program that destroys your data and some times also damage the computer.
One of the most common ways of virus attacks is by connecting USB to your computer.
So today I will tell you some tips which can avoid or minimise the chances of virus attacks.
Always keep in mind the following points before connecting a pen drive to your computer.
1. Always use a good antivirus in your system.
2. Never open the pen drive directly.
3. before opening the pen drive, scan the pen drives for finding the possible viruses in the pen drive.
To scan the pen drive go to My Computer->Right Click on the Pen drive->Click on Scan option(Remember Scan option will only be there if there is any antivirus installed on your system)
4. if any virus found and the antivirus is not able to delete the virus, just safely remove the pen drive from your computer.
5. If no virus is found, do not double click on the pen drive to open.
Always open the pen drive by Right clicking on the pen drive and then clicking the explore i.e.:
My Computer->Right click on pen drive->Click on Explore
6. Always beware of copying the unwanted files on your computer. Just copy the file which you want. Never do a select all, copy all thing. Just copy the item you wanted, and paste into your computer.
While pasting the data you should never paste it on C drive (Drive that contains your operating system). Always copy data in a separate drive then C drive.
So these are some small steps which can be very useful to avoid virus attacks...
Posted by Sandeep... on
May 08, 2013 | Computers & Internet
115 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!