- Call Your Phone Carrier’s Support – A lot of people overlook this option and simply dismiss it. Although some phone carriers will not give you a free unlock code, there are many that will including: T-Mobile and AT&T. If you tell them you are planning on traveling abroad with your Nokia 1661 they will be more likely to help you out. In addition, most phone carriers require that you have had a contract with them for more then 3 months before they will give you a free unlock code for your Nokia 1661.
- Unlock Code Generators – There are a tons of free unlock code generators that you can try using. Although not all of them will work with your particular phone model here is a few unlock code generators worth checking out: Unlock Nokia Free and Nokia Dct4 Code generator.
- Download Free Unlocking Software – You could also try downloading some unlock software that will calculate an unlock code for your phone that will help to unlock it. Although using this method, may sometimes require special cables, etc. You can check out these downloads for more information.
Getting Your Nokia 1661’s IMEI Number
In order to get your free unlock code for your Nokia 1661, you will probably need your phone’s IMEI number
. You can find your Nokia 1661’s IMEI number
by simply typing *#06# and hitting enter. Your 15-digit IMEI number will then be displayed on the phone’s screen.
Anyway, now that you have your phone’s unlock code, you can start the unlock process. This is actually probably the easiest part of unlocking your phone. I took these steps from my original phone guide on How To Unlock A Nokia Phone
. Here are the steps:
Unlock A Nokia 1661
1. Type #PW+
2. Enter your unlock code (Warning: Entering more then 3 incorrect unlock codes may permanently lock your phone!)
3. Now type +1#
4. Your Nokia N79 should say “SIM Restriction Off”
You should now have yourself a fully unlock Nokia
1661! You can now use your phone with any phone carrier or network your choose