Tip & How-To about GPS
To update your Tom Tom this is what you need to do:
1) From the device's DVD install the Home software of tom tom to your notebook or PC.
2) Now with the help of your USB plug in the device into your notebook.
3) Now click on Preferences and then check for updates.
4) If you get a message stating that New maps are available then click on the download button to
synchronize it for your free update.
5) After doing this if you get a message on the screen stating that "you have latest maps" that means its done.
Get going on the road with the latest maps always....... Good Luck!!
Posted by Mukesh... on
Min System Requirements for Tom Tom Navigator are as below:-
Windows 2000, XP, Vista, or Windows 7 (newest servicepacks required)
Pentium III or higher
256 MB RAM, 512 recommended
Internet connection (Broadband - DSL/cable/LAN) for downloading updates, maps or services
The TomTom HOME software is a 20MB download requiring 50MB of disk space when installed
For NAVIGATOR 6 devices, the system requirements for Windows are:
Windows XP, 2000, Vista or Windows 7 (newest servicepacks required)
500 MHz processor or better
128 MB RAM
Internet connection (preferably broadband - DSL/Cable/LAN) for downloading updates maps or services
Internet Explorer version 5.0 or higher
Please note that the following MOBILE & NAVIGATOR versions are not supported by TomTom HOME:
Dec 19, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Sep 20, 2009 | Tomtom ONE GPS Receiver
Aug 14, 2009 | Tomtom ONE 130S Car GPS Receiver
Feb 27, 2009 | Tomtom GO 520 GPS Receiver
Jan 28, 2009 | Tomtom GO GPS Receiver