Tip & How-To about Video Game Consoles & Games
If you are having problems syncing your Wii Remote (or Balance Board) to your Wii, follow these steps to reset all synchronized devices.
In many cases this will clear up the issue.
1. First you will need to check a few things, just to make sure what the actual problem is.
- Check to see that all cords are properly plugged in.
- Make sure the sensor bar is properly center above or below your TV set.
- Make sure that nothing is blocking the signal to the sensor bar.
- Make sure that the batteries in the remote are in good working order.
- Make sure that there are no wireless devices close by that might be interfering with the signal.
2. If after all this the remote is still not working then it probably needs to be re-synced.
3. Turn off and unplug your Wii console for five minutes.
4. Plug your Wii back in and power it on.
5. When you see the the Health and Saftey screen open the small flap on the front of the Wii console. Inside you will find the red sync button. Press and hold the red button down for 15 seconds.
6. Remove the battery cover from the Wii remote, inside you will see another red button.
7. Press and release the red button on the Wii Console.
8. Press the red button inside the Wii remote and then hit the A Button on the Wii Remote.
9. The remote will stop blinking and it should now be synced.
Posted by mactechj on
Mar 16, 2011 | Nintendo Wii Console
Standard Mode Synchronization
Note: Make sure you have placed batteries in the Wii Remote and that they are full/charged.
Go to the Wii Menu. (Channel Grid)
This procedure must be followed for each additional Wii Remote added to your system.
Mar 13, 2011 | Nintendo Wii Fit - Balance Board + Game...
Put four AA batteries into the battery housing located on the underside of the Wii Balance Board.
Insert a Wii Balance Board compatible game into the Wii system.
Select the "Disc Channel" on the screen with the Wii remote, and choose "Start."
Open the SD card slot to reveal a sync button on the Wii system. This is located behind a cover under the power and eject buttons.
Turn the Wii Balance Board upside down.
Remove the battery cover under the balance board to reveal another sync button.
Pres the sync button on the balance board, then press the sync button on the Wii. Do not hold down the buttons. You know it is synchronized when the blue light on the Wii Balance Board stays steady
Place the board on a flat surface directly in front of the TV. Face the power button away from the TV.
Mar 03, 2011 | Nintendo Wii Console
Aug 01, 2008 | Nintendo Wii Console
722 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!