Tip & How-To about Microwave Ovens
1) To get much cleaner and sparkling dishes just add few tablespoons of VINEGAR to your
dish-washing detergent....Vinegar is a master in cutting of the grease that helps in getting sparkling dishes easily.
2) To clean the spills in Oven just sprinkle some salt over hem immediately. After the oven has cooled
down, brush away the spills with damp cloth.
3) Smelly sponges are a real mess....to clean them just clean them properly and thoroughly and then microwave it
while its wet. Once you see steam arising from the sponge take it out...and be CAREFUL as it will be too hot.
Wash before reusing it, with water. Be sure that there are no METAL components in the sponge.
4) For removing lime build up and hard water from a teapot, just add 1-2 cups vinegar to some water in
teapot and bring it to nice boil. Sim for 10 minutes and then rinse it out.
5) OLD STAINED SINK....To clean and whiten it just add half cup of salt in it and then scrub it
with a lemon over it to get a sparkling sink as new.
Posted by Mukesh... on
Empty the dishwasher and remove the dish racks so that you can easily locate the drain inside your dishwasher. The drain is under a drain grate, usually at the back of the dishwasher.
Remove the drain grate by either popping the grate out, or by unscrewing the screws holding it in place. Different types of dishwashers will have different options.
Use the soapy water and the toothbrush or scrub brush to clean inside the drain area and the grate.
Rinse the drain area with clean water. Then replace the drain grate.
Pour ½ cup of salt, 1 cup of baking soda and 2 cups of vinegar into the drain (in that order). The mixture will bubble. This will clean the drain and the drain hose.
Wait until the vinegar/baking soda mixture has stopped bubbling. Then pour 1 cup of bleach into your detergent dispenser. Replace the dish racks and run the empty dishwasher on a regular cycle. This will clean the entire machine
Feb 11, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 05, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Nov 04, 2010 | GE Microwave Ovens
Jan 30, 2010 | Sharp R-1505 Microwave Oven
Jun 23, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
217 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!