Tip & How-To about Handspring Visor Deluxe Handheld
The procedure below shows how to reset the PDA to factory settings after backing up all your personal data.
After backing up your data with HotSync, perform a hard reset, this will erase all applications and returns your device to its factory default settings.
To perform a hard reset:
1. Hold down the power button on the front panel of the PDA.
2. While holding down the power button, use a paper clip to press the reset button.
3. Release the power button.
4. You will get a message warning that you are about to erase all the data stored on the PDA, do the following:
Press the top scroll button on the front panel
to complete the hard reset and display the startup screen.
If you press any other button you will do a soft reset, that will not fix the problem. In that case restart the procedure.
5. After doing hard reset the unit will return to the initial factory state. All third party installed applications will be deleted, and setting will be reported to factor default.
Connect to HotSync and do a backup of the PDA, then do hard reset on Palm.
If the PDA is not detected by Hotsync, then there is an additional problem.
To troubleshoot problems given by third party application you do a backup, then rename the backup folder containing third party application data to Backup.old, and do hard reset.
After that you start restoring applications from backup.old one at the time, when one application jams the Palm, that is the responsible for the error message.
Procedure is described here.
Posted by Ginko on
Mar 02, 2010 | Handspring Visor Deluxe Handheld
Aug 02, 2009 | Palm TX Handheld
Feb 18, 2009 | HTC Touch P3450 Smartphone
Jul 15, 2008 | Palm TX Handheld
Nov 01, 2007 | Handspring Visor Deluxe Handheld
1,061 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!