Tip & How-To about Video Game Consoles & Games
One annoying thing about the Nintendo Wii is that there is no way to reset the video settings once you have changed them in the Nintendo Wii System Menu.
It will not detect which cables you are trying to use and just tries to use the last settings that you set it to.
So, if you have changed your Nintendo Wii from using the regular cables that came with the system to using component cables, then switch back to a TV using regular RCA cables (these are the yellow, red and white cables) then you need to reset the settings on your Nintendo Wii to the default video settings.
You can reset your Nintendo Wii video settings to use Composite (or RCA - Yellow, Red and White) cables by doing the following:
1. Make sure the Nintendo Wii is powered off and a red light is showing.
2. With the power off, unplug the video cables from the back of the Nintendo Wii, leave them plugged into your TV (these should be the RCA/Composite cables)
3. Press the Power button on the front of Nintendo Wii. Make sure the cables are still unplugged.
4. Keep the Nintendo Wii powered on and plug your cables back into it with it still running.
5. If all went well, the picture should appear normally now.
6. Once the picture has reappeared, you should go into the Nintendo Wii Menu (the Wii button in the bottom left hand corner) and change the display back to 480i to make the changes permanent.
I hope this tip helps!
Posted by mactechj on
May 30, 2011 | Nintendo Wii Console
May 01, 2011 | Nintendo Wii Console
Oct 28, 2009 | Nintendo Wii Console
Apr 08, 2009 | Nintendo Wii Console
Feb 19, 2009 | Nintendo Wii Console
10,697 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!