Submitting your computer problems to FixYa.com is a great, cost effective way to find solutions to your common technology troubles. The collective knowledge of many can often reduce what seems an insurmountable issue into an easy fix. In order to ensure the fastest and most helpful solution is returned to you, there are a few details you should always try to include that will help support correctly identify your issue and provide a more complete solution.
- The complete name and model number of the component or unit you are having trouble with, including any other description details. . . for example: “Western Digital Caviar 80GB IDE Desktop Hard Drive” or “Compaq Presario 700 (470024-192) PC Notebook Computer”
- The Operating System (sometimes referred to as OS) you are using. Common OS's are Windows 7, Vista, XP, Me, 98 Ubuntu Hardy Heron, Puppy Linux etc.
- A thorough brief description of the problem or issue you are trying to solve, for example: “My computer keeps losing its wireless connection to the Internet” or “My computer displays a message saying the operating system is not found” or “My computer cannot find my digital camera”
In the case of “How To” questions, a complete brief question specific to what you are attempting to do, for example “How do I install 2 different operating systems on the same hard drive”
- Any details you can supply leading up to the problem you are experiencing, for example: “My computer no longer boots after I ran a registry clean” or “I lost power while performing a system update”
- Any steps you have taken so far that did not fix the problem including any solutions supplied by Fix support experts and why (if you know) they did not solve your problem.
By including as many of the above details as you can, you provide a better understanding of your problem which in turn, leads to a better chance the solutions you receive will be helpful.