Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Time can be saved when repetitive tasks are performed by shortcuts instead of using the mouse.
In this tip I will be sharing a number of shortcut. I will not be sharing the most common ones.
*The windows key looks like a flag.
1. To see the desktop (minimize all the windows); Press and hold the windows key and then press D and release both of them.
2. To switch between windows; Press and hold Alt key and then press Tab key.
3. To Switch between tabs in a window; Press and hold Ctrl key then press the Tab key.
4. To close a window; Press and hold Alt key and then press F4 key.
5. To close a tab in a window; Press and hold Ctrl key and then press F4 key.
6. To open up Run; Press and hold Windows key and then press R key.
7. To select all text; Press and hold Ctrl key and then press A key.
8. To Undo; Press and hold Ctrl key and then press Z key.
9. To Redo; Press and hold Ctrl key and then press Y key.
10. To switch Users without completely logging off. Press and hold Windows key and then press L key.
11. To zoom in or out; Press and hold Ctrl key and press + or - key respectively.
+ being for Zoom in - being for Zoom out
12. To add www. and .com in the address automatically; First write the name of the site and then press Ctrl and Enter/Return together for an instant. For example to open fixya, you'll type fixya and then press Ctrl and enter together to bring in www. before and .com after the name.
13. To make a text go as a subscript or superscript. (MS OFFICE) Press and hold Ctrl and Shift key together and then press the + or = button to make a text go as a superscript. Press and hold Ctrl and then press + or = button to make the text go as a subscript.
14. To Save As; (MS OFFICE) Press F12.
15. To Save or overwrite save; Press and hold Ctrl and then press S key.
16. To make a hyperlink; (MS OFFICE) Press and hold Ctrl key and then press K key.
The following shortcuts can be used on other softwares as well, such as internet browsers, wherever there is a text in short.
17. To copy a text; Press and hold Ctrl and press C key.
18. To cut a text; Press and hold Ctrl and press X key.
19. To paste a text; Press and hold Ctrl and press V key.
These are the shortcuts of the tasks which are performed almost daily.
Posted by Syed... on
Jan 19, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Oct 29, 2010 | Computers & Internet
172 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!