RCA Universal Remote Code Search
Models RCR312W - RCR311BN - RCR311BIN
RCR311SN - RCR311STN
To setup your RCA Universal Remote Control with your TV or other devices, you can perform a code search. A code search tries to turn your set off with different brands' remote control codes until it finds one that works with your set.
Here are the steps for an RCA Universal Remote Control Code Search:
- Turn on the device you would like to control.
- Press and hold the device key (TV for example).
- While holding the TV key, use your other hand to press and hold the ON/OFF key.
- Wait until the ON/OFF key light comes on and stays on, then release both keys.
- Point the remote at the front of the TV and press PLAY.
- Wait 6 seconds while the remote sends a batch of 10 codes to your TV. If your device turned off, go ahead to the next step. If the device did not turn off, press play again and wait 6 seconds again.
- When your device turns off, press the REVERSE key on the remote and wait 2 seconds. If the device turns back on, press STOP and your remote is now successfully programmed for controlling that device. If the device does not turn back on, keep pressing REVERSE every 2 seconds until your device turns back on. When it does, press STOP.
I hope that helps.