1. make sure the sound is not muted. double click the sound icon beside the time and check to see nothing is muted.
2. make sure the speakers are switched on and plugged into the corect hole on back of computer normally its the green one.
3. goto start settings control panel , system
then goto hardware , then device manager. if there is anything in this list with a exclimation mark, ! right click it and goto uninstall.
4. restart computer.
5. if it ask for drivers when you return to windows try find your system driver cd.
6. if you cannot find this click here
to download your sound drivers and install.
7. then restart.