Tip & How-To about Office Equipment & Supplies
This faq might help in setting up the printer
however this is not guaranteed to work every time if the printer in question
is not supported by the router...
If you use Windows XP, you can print to a USB printer connected to an AirPort Extreme Base Station. Just follow these steps:
1. Click Start and point to Printer and Faxes.
2. Click Add Printer, follow the onscreen instructions.
3. Select "Local printer attached to this computer."
4. Deselect "Automatically detect and install my plug and play printer."
5. In the "Select the Printer Port" screen, click "Create a new port."
6. Select Standard TCP/IP Port from the pop-up menu.
7. Click Next, and follow the onscreen instructions for the Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard.
8. In the Printer Name or IP Address field, enter 10.0.1.1. "IP_10.0.1.1" is generated as the port name.
Note: If you are using an alternate IP address range, then you need to enter the IP address that AirPort Admin Utility displays for the base station when connected to it wirelessly.
9. Select Standard for Device Type, and choose your printer from the list.
Posted by Edgar... on
Feb 05, 2016 | Epson Expression XP 410 Wireless Printer
Feb 01, 2014 | Brother DCP 165C Compact Color Inkjet...
Try the following troubleshooting
To resolve the error condition:
If the error condition continues:
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response. Happy Holidays! Thanks, Joe
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response. Happy Holidays!
Dec 25, 2010 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5300 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 03, 2010 | Epson H6000II Thermal Printer
974 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!