Tip & How-To about Audio Players & Recorders
MKV(Matroska video) is a multimedia container format that can hold a large number of video, audio, picture or subtitle tracks inside a single file. It is intended to serve as a universal format for storing common multimedia content, like movies or TV shows.
Matroska file types are .MKV for video (with subtitles and audio), .MKA for audio-only files and .MKS for subtitles only, .MKV file is the most popular of the tree types.Matroska is similar in concept to other containers like AVI, MP4 or ASF, but different in the way of containing. So many device like iPod, Zune, Xbox, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, iPhone can't play this format of video.
What should I do if I want to Play my favorite movie in MKV format on portable player like iPod and Zune?
The following step-by-step tutorial will show you how to convert MKV files to AVI, MP4, WMV, MOV files, so that you can play on iPod and Zune.
Step 1: Install and run the iSharesoftware MKV Video Converter.
Step 2: Add file. Click "Add File" button on the toolbar to load files.
Step 3: Choose output format
Choose the file, click "Profile" drop-down button to choose the formats you need, then click "Browse" button to choose destination folder for saving output files.
1. Click ?Play? button on the right bottom of the main interface to preview the video. Click "Snapshot" button to take a snapshot when playing the video.
Step 4: Convert
After choosing the format, you only need to click "Convert" button on the toolbar to complete the task.
1. Choose an after done action from "Actions > After Done" before converting, to define what the program will do after the conversion.
2. When converting, you can click "File > Run Background" button to save CPU resource and do other things at the same time.
1. Add profiles. iSharesoft MKV Video Converter allows you convert one source file to several different format files at one time to fit your different players.
Select the video to convert, click the "Add Profile" button and choose an output format from the profile drop-down list, then repeat the process to realize outputting several files from the same file.
2. Define output size with Bitrate Calculator
This feature applies when you want to output a file with exact file size.
Select the video to convert, and click "Tools > Bitrate Calculator" dialogue, then the corresponding video bit rate will be calculated automatically. Click "OK", then you will see the output size of the video as you specified in the file list.
3. Set detailed parameter
Click "Advanced Profile Settings" button on the right top of the main interface to set detailed parameters for special needs.
Posted by shierlymil... on
May 24, 2008 | Computers & Internet
320 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!