Tip & How-To about Washing Machines
To maintain your front loader washing machine in good working order and to avoid having a service call there are a few simple maintenance tasks to carry out.
1. Every time you carry out a wash before you switch on the unit you should check the door seal for any foreign particles like coins or hair clips and remove them. If they stay there they can then get past the seal and clog up the fluff filter and drain pump which stops the unit from draining.
2. It is also a good idea to wipe the door seal occasionally
3. There is a fluff filter on the front of the unit in the bottom left or right hand corner behind the service flap. Have a small tray, like a baking tray underneath it and open the flap with some sort of flat lever,coin or screw driver. Turn the tap about 1/4 of a turn and collect about a litre of water from the unit. When it has stopped draining unscrew the tap all the way out and clean the fluff filter which is the tap in your hand.
Also have a look in the hole and you will see the drain pump at the back. Make sure this is free of any foreign particles and can turn. Then re-screw the tap back making sure it is tight.
This should be done regularly every 2-3 months to avoid the unit from not draining.
4. Running a cottons 95c wash every 2-3 months kills off any bacteria build up, and cleans out any excess detergent build up. It also stops the unit from smelling.
You can also use a special washing machine cleaner or just white vinegar as a cleaning agent in the detergent tray to help.
5. After every wash keep the door open for about 30 mins to let it dry out as shutting the door is then a perfect environment for bacteria to develop and the door seal to go mouldy and also causing the unit to smell.
6. Lastly take care when removing clothes as zips can catch on the rubber door seal and tear it. This will then leak water at the bottom of the door.
Hope this helps.
Posted by David on
Jun 15, 2017 | Samsung Washing Machines
Mar 26, 2010 | Kitchen Appliances - Others
Dec 01, 2015 | logisticsjobsite.com Computers & Internet
Jul 15, 2014 | Washing Machines
Jan 20, 2009 | Creda W120VW Front Load Washer
225 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!