Tip & How-To about Dryers
The procedure is as follows:---
of all unplug the dryer from electric outlet for safety reasons.
2) Locate the vent hose on the rear of the dryer and disconnect this hose from dryer unit.
3) The hose is mostly fixed in a metal clamp and the metal clamp is fixed by the screw. Loosen the screw and remove the clamp and remove the hose.
4) The heating element is located in the cabinet.
5) In some models the cabinet is located at the rear of the dryer. And in some model its located in the front of the dryer.
6) Locate the heating element cabinet and remove the screws holding the cabinet.
7) You will see the heating element now. There are wires connecting on the sides of the heating element terminals. The wires are connected by removable connector.
8) Remove the connector carefully from heating element with the help of needle nose plier.
9) After the wires are removed from heating element’s terminals. Remove the screws holding the heating element.
10) The heating will have to be moved a bit to come out easily. Before removing the heating element out. Please note down the position of old heating element. So while placing the new heating element you don’t face any problem.
11) Remove the old heating element and insert the new heating element.
12) Connect all the wires as it were connected before.
13) Refit all the parts which you removed while removing the old heating element in reverse method. Take care you don’t miss any part fitting.
This will help. Thanks.
Posted by charlymont... on
Aug 07, 2011 | 2004 Ford Taurus
Feb 23, 2011 | Dryers
Dec 05, 2010 | Whirlpool WED8300S Dryer