Tip & How-To about NetGear PS121 Print Server
Configure NETGEAR PS121 print server with MAC OS 10.4.X and may work for other version of MAC OS X
Please sure that the printer is working in direct connection with the computer.
1. Now connect the printer to the USB port of the printserver and then the ethernet cable from the router to the Printserver ethernet port.
2. Press the diagonistic tool button on the printserver for 10 sec (All the lights will blink amber), you will recieve a print page with Port name,Ip address of the printer and other details.
3. The ip address will be given from the router,If no ip address, powercycle the router, printserver and the printer. Press the diagonistic tool button again.
Open the System Preferences
Click on “Print and Fax” icon
Click on the “+” icon to add a new printer
Click on the “IP Printer” icon
Select “Line Printer Daemon – LPD”
1. In the Address field, enter the IP address of the PS121
2. In the Queue field, enter L1
3. In the Name field, enter L1
4. Select the printer manufacturer from the pull down
5. Select the printer model from the scroll box
6. Click Add
a. Click once on L1 to select it
b. Click on Printer Setup
Click on the “Installable Options” pulldown menu and select “Name & Location”
1. Change Printer Name to IP address of PS121
2. Change Location to: IP_.ip of PS121
3. Click on Apply Changes
The Macintosh is now ready to print.
Posted by Anand... on
Sep 27, 2009 | NetGear WGPS606 (WGPS606NAR) Print Server
May 01, 2009 | NetGear PS121 Print Server
Apr 26, 2008 | NetGear PS121 Print Server
Nov 26, 2007 | NetGear PS121 Print Server
1,756 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!