Tip & How-To about NetGear WGR614 Router
The following steps will help you forward ports on the NETGEAR router for Play station network (PS2, PS3, PSP). At time you can not access or play online games through your PS and in such cases you need to make sure that you have the required ports forwarded on your router as mentioned below. The below steps are applicable for NETGEAR router model WGR614, WGT624, WPN824, WNR2000, WNDR3300, WNR854T, WNR834B etc
1. Open a browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Safari) on your computer connected to the router.
2. Access the router, usually by typing 'http://192.168.1.1' or 'http://www.routerlogin.com' in the address bar.
3. Login to the router (Username = admin and Password = Password unless you have changed it).
4. Click on Port Forwarding under Advanced.
5. Click on 'Add Custom Service' button.
6. Specify any name for the service (PSN1). Select Service Type as TCP/UDP
7. Specify the Start and the End Port as 80.
8. In the server IP Address specify the ip address of the PS3.
9. Click on 'Add' button.
10. Follow the same steps to open the below ports
Start = 443 End = 443 use name as PSN2
Start = 5223 End = 5223 use name as PSN3
Start = 3478 End = 3479 use name as PSN4.
Start = 3658 End = 3658 use name as PSN5.
Start = 10070 End = 10080 use name as PSN6.
These steps would allow you to access online games on your PS connected through the NETGEAR router.
Posted by Anand... on
Mar 01, 2011 | Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Console
Sep 27, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 16, 2010 | NetGear WGR614 Router
Apr 10, 2009 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
2,098 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!