Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
If your computers history is delete by someone. But still if you want you can get the
computer's history back. Since the computer automatically backs up all the history even
after someone deletes it. You can simply get the computers history by searching the
index.dat file and you need to open it up with the help of an appropriate software
Follow the steps which i have mentioned below:
1. Go to the start menu and select Search.
2. In the search window click Tools on the menu bar which is at the top of the search window and then select "Folder options".
3. Now click the View Tab.
4. Select "Show hidden files and folders.
5. Uncheck the two checkboxes "Hide extensions for known file types" and "Hide protected operating system files which are checked by default.
6. Click the Apply button to apply these settings and the close the folder option window and return to the search window again.
7. Select "All Files and Folders" and in the Look in box select C: drive After this type "index.dat" into the search bar, and hit the "Search" button. You may get a number of index.dat file.
8. Try Downloading a ".dat" file reader to your computer if you don't already have one and then install it on your machine.
9. Use this Application for reading the deleted history of your computer
Posted by Techman87 on
Jul 20, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Sep 28, 2012 | Apple iPhone 3G
Nov 22, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Aug 04, 2009 | Yahoo Mail
286 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!