Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
These instructions are for Windows 7.
*WARNING*If you have downloaded songs from protected music services (i.e. Napster, Rhapsody, etc), these instructions will delete the DRM for those files and possibly make them unplayable. Please be sure to back up your DRM by copying the files in step 10 to a safe location prior to deleting them. After following this procedure, You may have to restore music that you downloaded from online services to your computer. Please consult your music services for more information.
Please perform these stepscarefully and note the warning below.
1. Open the 'Control Panel'.
2. Open 'Folder Options' and select the 'View' tab.
3. Select 'Show hidden files and folders'.
4. Uncheck 'Hide protected operating system files'.
5. In the warning message you receive, click 'Yes'.
6. Click 'OK'.
7. Close the Control Panel
8. Click the Start button. In the 'Start Search' box, paste the following:
9. Press 'Enter'.
10. Make a backup copy of the following 4 files to a separate location such as your desktop or a flash drive.blackbox.bin
11. Delete ONLY the following 4 files from C:ProgramDataMicrosoftWindowsDRM:blackbox.bin
That will wipe out and reset your existing DRM.
Posted by rkelley920 on
Jan 30, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Dec 02, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Aug 08, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa m230 MP3 Player
2,469 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!