The guide to fixing your PSP screen the easy way!!!!!
This Guide will give you simpleinstructions on fixing the psp screen with little to no stress. Besure to keep all your things in one place and try to do everything inone sitting or at least do it in a area where you know somebody won'tknow knock the parts to the floor as there is a lot of small screwsand thing. Try to use a small box or pan to keep screws and otherparts and keep yourself grounded but keeping parts of yourskin(unclothed)to something made of metal.
1) Flip you PSP to its backside and besure the back cover that holds the battery is off. There are twoscrews in back of the battery. On could be covered by a sticker. Besure to peel it of slowly as it will void you warranty if it isruined.
- After you get these out look on the bottom side,you will see a screw that is dead center of the psp. The last two are above and below where the memory card slot is.
- Take the faceplate off. Now you will see a a small set of buttons on the screen. To the right of it
is a small cable. Use a flathead screwdriver to the clasp and pull the cable out.
- You will now see two clamps for the screen where the button assembly for the d-pad is. The same thing for the other side where the face buttons for the psp are. Take all the clamps off by use the flathead screwdriver again. Put in in between the screen and clamps and give it a little turn.
- You have the screen out now. Pull it from both sides very slowly. Be very careful as there are cables still connected. Flip the screen out as we are going to take the cables off the screen now.
- There are two black clasps holding the screen cables on there. Lift them up(slowly!)and take the cables off. If those claps are broke there is no fix outside a new motherboard so don't break them.
- Put the screen into the clasps putting in all necessary cables that were went thru taking off. Sit the LCD screen snugly and and lock clasps. Return faceplate and all buttons to original positions to be sure everything will play right. Before you close it all up be sure everything is in place and fits well. Be sure to put the buttons back on and connect it to the motherboard. Turn the psp on and be sure it all works well. If it is having any pronlems go back over each step in reverse order from when we put the screen in.
- Once you go get the screen working put the screen back on and tighten all the screws.We are all done!!! Enjoy your PSP and I will see you online in Resistance!
Hey guys, If anyone wants to help me get some pictures up shoot me a comment on here. My digital Camera died today and it will be awhile before I will buy a new one(maybe its good because since my PSP is still under warranty)thanks!