Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
I want to give you a few pointers about how to pose a question (whether it be here on FixYa or any other forum) that will help you get a concise, accurate answer.
1) Use more than one sentence. Usually you cannot convey what your question is in less than a paragraph.
2) Be specific. What make / model / year / part number / etc. What is the issuse?
3) Be descriptive. "I'm hearing a loud noise from the front of my car." Could be a thousand things. "I'm hearing a loud grinding sound from the front passenger side of my car." Ah! Likely the brakes.
4) Be complete. Include solutions you have already attempted and they're results.
5) Do some research. Google (or any other search engine) is your friend. There may be 12,000 post on how to fix your problem. The Internet can make anyone a 5 minute expert!
6) Know when to cry "Uncle". We all have our limitations, know them. Sometimes the best solution is to take the problem to someone who is qualified (and certified, licensed, etc) and have them deal with it.
It is not my goal to sound harsh, but to better serve YOU! Now go post a question, and we'll do our best to help you!
Posted by Force 10 on
Apr 23, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 03, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 11, 2009 | 2000 Toyota Camry
May 09, 2008 | Logitech Cordless Mouse
134 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!