Tip & How-To about Refrigerators
First of all Unplug the refrigerator from main
2) Then locate the relay terminal cover, it is located on the lower inside panel on the back side of the refrigerator. You will see a wire running from the compressor to this box. Open that box the relay will be right under the box.
3) Then remove the connector that holds the relay.
4) The relay will get loose and come out. Take care that you don’t pull the connector too hard as it should be secured at its place and not be removed.
5) You can get same relay from local appliance store or hardware store.
6) Then Plug the connector wire back into the new relay, in the same exact position as it was placed in the old relay.
7) Now before you turn on the refrigerator .check out all the side wires that they are not moved from there position and not touching to any metal object on the refrigerator wall.
8) Again reconnect all the parts which you removed while removing the old relay from refrigerator.
This will help. Good luck.
Posted by charlymont... on
Sep 18, 2013 | 1996 Acura TL Series
Dec 31, 2010 | Haier RRTW18VABW (18.2 cu. ft.)
Nov 16, 2010 | True GDM-12 Refrigerator Commercial
Jan 08, 2010 | Whirlpool GS5SHAXN Side by Side...
Aug 30, 2009 | Maytag Neptune MDG5500AW Gas Dryer
193 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!