Tip & How-To about Office Equipment & Supplies
the procedure to reset waste ink counter of canon ip 4000 printer is as follows,read it carefully step by step:
1) With the printer power turned off, while pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press and hold the Power button. (DO NOT release the buttons.
The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.) .
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (DO NOT
release the Power button.) .
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 2 times, and
then release both the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons.
(Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in
orange and green, starting with orange.) .
4) When the LED lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button 4 times. (Each
time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights
alternately in orange and green, starting with orange.) .
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the reset is performed.
(When the operation completes, the printer returns to the
menu selection mode automatically.) .
6) Press the power button to exit service mode.
Note:- if you accidentally press the Resume/Cancel button more than 4 times in
step 4 then just press the Resume/Cancel button at least 10
times and the printer will be returned to step 4 automatically.
BTW the other functions that are available at step 4 are -
press 0 times = power off
press 1 time = Service Test Print
press 2 times = EEPROM information print
press 3 times = EEPROM initialisation
press 5 times = Destination settings (country information, do not play with
press 6 times = Printhead Deep Cleaning
press 7,8 or 9 times = not used in servicing so do not play with these.
press 10 times or more = return to menu (step 4) . This will help.thanks.
Posted by charlymont... on
Nov 26, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 02, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 InkJet Photo Printer
165 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!