Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
How to install your monitor drivers in Windows 7
1. You will need to access your computers display settings. This link will show you how to access the display settings
2. Click on "Advance Settings"
3. Click on the "Monitor" tab
Note here is where you will is if you have a generic drive installed or not. If it shows Generic or Plug & Play Monitor then you may not have the actual monitor drivers install.
4. Click on the "Properties" button and click on the "Driver" tab
5. Next you will want to click on Update Drive
At this point you will want to select "Browse my computer for the driver software". The reason you want to do this is because if you select "Search automatically for the updated driver software" you will most likely get the default Windows drivers that are already installed.
6. Next you will browse to the driver CD or the place you have the drivers saved on your computer. Note if you just upgraded from Windows XP your old drivers may not work and you will need to find Windows 7 versions of the drivers. However if you have a Windows Vista version of the driver this may work.
After you get the location set click Next
7. At this point you should get a message that states that the drives have been installed.
8. Click Close - Close - OK - OK and you should be back at screen resolution.
Other Helpful Links
How to change your Windows XP display settings
How to check and change you computer IP address in Windows 7
How to enable and disable printer and file sharing in Windows 7
How to take file ownership in Windows 7 and Windows Vista
How to change your drive letter in Windows Vista and Windows 7
Posted by Will... on
Oct 10, 2014 | ViewSonic Computers & Internet
Mar 08, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Oct 01, 2010 | Dell E173FP 17" LCD Monitor
Jan 24, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Aug 17, 2008 | Gateway FPD2275W LCD Monitor
1,576 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!