Tip & How-To about Televison & Video
1. Power on your player.
2. Press stop and then press play on the player.
3. Immediately you should see a language screen (if bought in USA you will have 3 options) select language.
4. Then press the repeat button on your remote control.
5. Using your remote control, enter the code below. (Note that you must know what region you are currently set to, in order to know which code is appropriate)
* for region 1 use 2,9,3,3,4 (usa and Canada)
* for region 2 use 3,8,7,6,7 (uk, most of western europe,israel,japan,and south africa)
* for region 3 use 5,6,7,3,2 (Russia, most of Africa and central Asia)
* for region 4 use 7,6,8,8,4 (Mexico, Australia, new Zealand, central and south America)
* for region 5 use 5,3,8,1,4 (southeast Asia)
* for region 6 use 2,4,4,6,2,(china)
6. A code should be displayed on the screen indicating the current region setting of your unit.
7. Press the 9 button on your remote control for region free, or 1 for region 1, 2 for region 2 and so on.
8. Press the open button on your player.
9. Press the pause button on your remote control.
* Insert any DVD and enjoy you are now macrovision free and region free
* if the player sticks on FBI warning screens press forward search x2 or faster, the disc should skip straight to the main feature.
Posted by Jyackle5 on
Jul 05, 2008 | Samsung DVD-P244 DVD Player
264 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!