Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Copying files from one destination to another is a practice that goes on a lot among PC users. Sometimes huge sums of data are moved from one hard disk to another. Now there is this error that happens a lot where, when the mouse icon is placed on a folder, you see 'folder is empty' even though you know that the folder you copied is not empty. When you try to open it, you are told that access denied. Most of the files too may not be accessible and will also give access denied error. This is a frustration that can make one think that his/her files are lost. Well, there are ways out and even though it might take time, it's worth it. The following, is a solution to this problem using the software, Unlocker Assistant;
1. First, you would have to obtain the software on the internet. It's free and you can easily search and download it in a few seconds.
2. Install it by following the instructions and you are ready to go. Now, if you are using Super Copier, Unlocker Assistant may fail to start so if you do, then uninstall the Super Copier for the time you would use the Unlocker Assistant. You can install it back when done.
3. Now create a folder on another drive with enough space, different from the one with file and folder errors.
4. Now right-click a folder (one with access denied and empty folder error) and select 'Unlocker'. Among the list of actions, you select move and select the folder you created as destination. If the moving goes through, a success message will show and state that object was moved which means everything in that folder is fully unlocked and is accessible.
5. If the moving does not go through, it will ask you if you would like to move the object the next time you restart. If so, select no. Now refresh and check the folder again and you will see that this time, it is not empty and it is accessible. Now open the folder and repeat the same thing with all other sub-folders. Now this might take time depending on the number of folders you have so you might want to ignore folders that you do not need.
6. Now after you have unlocked the folders, you come to the files in the folders. Select all the files in the folder and right-click and select move. Create the same folder name at the destination for easy recognition. All the files will moved. If the file sizes are very big, you might want to take a little at a time but if they are all small, then you may select all.
7. Now every file that is moved by Unlocker is now accessible. Pictures, movies and all other file types can now be accessed. After everything, you may then move the files back to the disk that had the file and folder errors.
That is all. You are done. Hope this was helpful.
Posted by C A... on
Jun 06, 2014 | Avanquest Checksoft 2007 Home & Business ...
Dec 20, 2010 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Jun 23, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Feb 25, 2007 | Olympus Camedia C-350 Digital Camera
901 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!