Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Its pretty simple and ignored so often but by simply turning off your autorun to stop files, mp3's and programs running without permission can be annoying but has a great outcome. it decreases the risk of becoming infected by those ridiculous autorun virus' still in the wild.
how to do it:
1) Goto Run ( Click start , click run )
2) Type gpedit.msc press enter
3) Expand User Configuration option located at your left
4) Click on System
5) Find an option at your right which says TURN OFF AUTOPLAY .Double click it.
6) Enable it and Turn Off Auto Display to All Drives
7) If group edit has already been disabled it means you dont have permission to modify it as you are not the administrator or you have already been affected with a virus .
Posted by infekted99... on
May 02, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jun 19, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Feb 26, 2009 | Audio Players & Recorders
Feb 04, 2008 | Acer TravelMate 2300 Notebook
Oct 08, 2007 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
159 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!