Tip & How-To about Car Audio & Video
If you want to use your dvd player whilst driving then i will tell you the best way to go about doing this but please read these warnings first.
1. any work you do at your own risk
2. it highly illegal to use any dvd or telly whilst driving
3. if caught using dvd whilst driving you will get a big fine and points on your license for driving whilst distracted.
4. if you have an accident whilst the dvd player is driving you wont be insured and you will be liable and charged with dangerous and reckless driving.
5. any short due to work carried out can cause you to destroy the stereo and in some cases cars have been set on fire, so if you are unsure what you are doing then please dont go ahead with this work as you could end up in a right mess.
Ok now the warnings are out of the way.
I take it you dont want to watch the dvd whilst driving but a passenger does i dont reccomend this work be carried out if the driver is planning on watching the dvd whilst driving, its not worth the risk its just to dangerous.
How To Bypass The Parking Brake To Watch DVDs'
the best way of doing this would be to get hold of the instruction manual to install this stereo you might get this off the net but if not you can contact the makers and they will be able to send you one for free, just the cost of postage to pay.
Now to actually bypass the parking brake witch dont let you play dvd whilst driving what you need to do is locate the wire that goes to the parking brake now this wire should be a brown wire unless somebody has re wired the stereo to fit other cars, once you are sure you have located the correct parking wire thats brown you then need to remove this wire from the parking brake. Now you need to earth this wire out to any metal on the car and secure it to that metal part this should then bypass the parking brake system for you.
You do this at your own risk you can destroy the stereo and in some cases set fire to the car so if you have never done this type of work before then please leave this to somebody who knows what they are doing.
Take your time, make sure you have the correct earth wire any other wire and you will short the stereo out destroying the stereo and possibly your car, so be warned.
Posted by paul... on
Sep 01, 2010 | BOSS AUDIO SYSTEMS BV9155B Car Video...
Mar 03, 2010 | Pyle PLTS76U Car DVD Player
Dec 28, 2009 | Car Audio & Video
Jan 14, 2009 | Televison & Video
May 23, 2007 | Durabrand DUR7 Portable DVD Player
809 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!