Tip & How-To about Video Game Consoles & Games
Sony have just confirmed the following in relation to this bug or error as experienced from 1st March 2010.
1) This current bug has just been confirmed as confined to Playstation Fat consoles and PS3 Slims are not effected by this error.
2) The problem is caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated into the PS3 Fat system which has caused a 'Roll Back in the Date'.
3) The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
4) The consequences of this are as follows;
- PS3 Fat cannot synchronise trophies because of this clock error which in turn causes games to fail to load or crash during gameplay. This applies equally to both online and offline gameplay i.e. any games that have trophies are likely to be effected by this even when offline.
- Console can browse on the internet but will not connect to PSN.
- Time and data cannot be reset on the system.
- Users are unable to play back certain rental videos downloaded from the
PlayStation Store before the expiration date occurs.
- Error messages are displayed as outlined in the title of this Tip - also the console may display 'Failed to install trophies. Please exit your game.'
SONY are advising anyone experiencing this problem not to use the PS3 system until the issue is resolved. This is expected to be resolved within the next 24 Hours (1st to 2nd March 2010). This is due to the possibility of corrupted data causing errors in functionality and not being able to restore saved data or recording obtained trophies.
02 March 2010 Final Update: Panic over - all is well again
If this update has helped please do leave a vote for it. Many thanks.
Posted by Radio Code... on
Mar 01, 2010 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Mar 01, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Feb 21, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
1,094 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!