Tip & How-To about Cell Phones

How to Revive a Mobile phone/MP3 etc if it gets really wet. :)

Hello,

This must have happened to every body, You dropped you mobile/Mp3 etc in the water. well fear not, remove the device from water immediately, remove the battery immediately, **** the device gently to get some water out of it. place it in a dry and warm atmosphere for about a week (the longer the better), and then if luck is on your side replace the battery and turn it on. At this point if the LCD is the only thing damaged then it can be replaced for most phones.

Good Luck and i hope you never have to use this tip :)

Posted by on

Cell Phones Logo

Related Topics:

Related Questions:

2 Answers

DROPPED IN WATER, ASKED TO DOWN LOAD


Hello and Welcome to FixYa!
A more wider picture of the scenario will be highly appreciated.. If the unit is dropped in water, then there are maximum chances of the main board to be gone bad with the solvent particles... In cases, the unit works OK for a particular period of time, and then it starts crashing/ mal functioning... A permanent fix would be removing the battery from the unit, and then servicing the device, with CTC or any other solvent, available for cleaning electronic devices.

Concerned.

Jun 28, 2011 | Samsung SGH-F400 Cellular Phone

2 Answers

my n70 got wet, i immediately dried it with blower, then charged it. however, when i used it, power was gone. i was able to bring it to a computer technician but told me that the chip inside is already damaged and immediately heat-up when charged.


As we all know, water, is a good conductor. When a chipset is wet, the circuits are shorted so when you applied power, it will definetely damage the board. Best thing to do if a device is wet, just hang it dry for 3 days. open the battery compartment and remove the battery. never switch it on. after three days, check if it is completely dry. then try the unit again. blowering the device with too much heat could also damage the board.

Mar 08, 2011 | Nokia N70 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

water in my sansa e250


Any device that gets wet may be ruined easily. It is very important that water doesn't touch the battery. unscrew the back and open it up, remove the battery and wipe it down. Prop it up in front of a hair dryer that is on cool setting (DO NOT USE HOT SETTING) for an hour or so and then put it together and try again. I've done this with mp3 players and cell phones after dropping them in puddles, showers, my washing machine, and even a tub of teriyaki sauce once and as long as the battery is completely dry and the back is completely dry when you put it back together you will be alright. You can also put the device in the freezer for a while and that should condense the water and help dry it out a bit.

Jan 30, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player

2 Answers

Wet Phone


well.. yes you kinda ruin you mobile because i single water drop in your mobile phone can cause serious trouble . what accually happens when a drop of water enters your mobile phone it start sparks .. (short circuit) in side your mobile phone look just remmber for the next time any eletronic device get into a water accidently first this you have to do is to stop prower generation device like batteries unplug from eletricity socket . Solution you must get your mobile phone repaired from proffesional repair center or manufacture repair center only don't go for cheap and hand it to any one . secondly when you phone get repaired try to cell it at once because repaired phone are known for making problems that's the best solution i have for you mobile ..

Sep 02, 2007 | Sanyo MM-8300

Not finding what you are looking for?

174 people viewed this tip

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Cell Phones Experts

Computer Repairing
Computer Repairing

Level 3 Expert

14641 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

77202 Answers

William Alequin

Level 3 Expert

928 Answers

Are you a Cell Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Loading...