Tip & How-To about Audio Players & Recorders
Have you purchased a 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker system for the Xbox 360 to enjoy your games and movies in the center of action? Currently I have considered doing it. I have loads of HD videos, which are with the extensions of .mkv, .m2ts and whatever. Most of them have embedded 5.1 channels, but the thing is that because of format issues, my console is unable to directly play these files, so I have to do format conversion before watching them. In regard to conversion, my only requirement is keeping 5.1 channels of the source file, fortunately, with Pavtube Video Converter, I did it! Very excited! Share it here.
What you will need is only Pavtube Video Converter. You can free download it here. The detailed steps are as below:
1. Click "Add" button to load video files into this program
2. Click the pull down menu of "Format" to select output format for Xbox 360
Follow "Zune/Xbox 360 Device" – "Xbox 360 HD Video (*. Wmv)". By the way, if you wanna combine multiple files into a single file so that there are no intervals while playing, you can tick the checkbox "Merge into one file" to achieve it.
3. Click "Settings" button to do advanced settings and select 5.1 channels
All the items including codec, bit rate, frame rate, aspect ratio, sample rate and audio channels are changeable. Do remember adjust the audio as 5.1 channels. Following are my settings, which result a good playback quality on my Xbox 360 console.
4. Click "Convert" button to start conversion
Once finished, you can get the output files for your console via clicking "Open" button effortlessly.
More features of this Xbox 360 Converter I have found:
1. The converting speed of this software is 1-2 times faster than the similar converters. Batch conversion can be done in a few minutes.
2. It does not have the audio and video out of sync issues.
3. With exception of adding text as watermark, images, GIF animations, and videos can also be added as watermarks to realize the picture-in-picture effect.
4. You can use the "Trim" function to select certain video clips to convert. And you can also take advantage of the "Crop" function to remove black edges or change the screen size.
5. Special effect models are provided, such as "Simple gauss blur", "Simple laplacian sharpen", "Aged film", "Flip color", and "Invert".
For more: http://www.pavtube.com/video_converter/
Posted by oposky2006 on
Jul 21, 2011 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Change your audio output settings for games from this screen. These audio settings do not affect DVD movie playback. For DVD audio settings, refer to an individual DVD movie's setup screen.
Settings consist of:
May 13, 2011 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Feb 07, 2010 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Jun 16, 2009 | LG LHT854 Theater System
Mar 06, 2008 | Spherex Xbox 5.1 Surround Sound System...
160 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!