Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
How to manually uninstall Mozilla Firefox
If you are having trouble uninstalling Mozilla Firefox via Add/Remove Programs (Programs and Features in Windows 7 and Vista) and/or having trouble installing the Firefox updates the below steps will help you manually uninstall Firefox.
1. Open My Computer (Computer in Windows 7 or Vista)
2. Open the C: drive
3. Open the Program Files Folder.
4. Next browse to the Mozilla Firefox folder and open it
5. Next browse to the Uninstall folder and open it
6. Double click on the helper.exe file to run.
Note you may need to click OK on the Access Control Window.
7. The Uninstall Wizard will open then click next
8. You need to make sure you have the “Remove my Firefox..” is checked. Note you need to make sure you have your Favorites saved as this will remove them.
9. Click on the Uninstall button
10. At this point you should have the message stating that you uninstalled Firefox. So all you have to now is click on Finish.
Now you should be able to reinstall Firefox as needed.
Posted by Will... on
May 25, 2017 | Computers & Internet
Jan 10, 2013 | Mozilla Firefox
Apr 03, 2011 | Mozilla Firefox
Apr 18, 2009 | Dell Vostro 1510 Laptop
783 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!