Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
As the time passes all our computers/laptops were prone to become slow. To keep your system fast, we can follow the below listed simple but effective ways.
1. Avoid installing unnecessary applications. This includes installing more than one software for your multimedia needs. I recommend VLC media player for all audio, video requirements.
2. Don't install Demo games and Demo software as these will place lot of junk registry entries into your system registry and these will remain for ever even if your uninstall that particular application.
3. Run Disk Defragmenter once in a month as this will rearrange the fragmented files stored in hard disk in orderly fashion so that these files were accessed quickly by the system.
4. Use other drives for storing all your files and keep more space in c: drive( or the drive in which operating system is installed) .
5. If possible, when you get your new system ,use some disk cloning software like Norton Ghost to backup your whole c: drive into a backup file. Later you can restore this back to your hard disk once in a year or whenever you had any problem with your system. In this way your system will be like the new one with all your applications and drivers installed by default. Moreover the restoration happens in just 5 minutes.
6. Use anti virus software after considering your system RAM memory size. For example, installing resource intensive anti virus programs like Norton, Mcaffee, Kaspersky onto a machine having 256 MB/ 512 MB ram machine will degrade its performance as most of the RAM space will be occupied by these anti virus software. In this case, I recommend you to use light weight but effective anti virus software like AVG free, Avira Antivir, Avast Home edition.
7. Update your operating system with automatic updates often which will secure your system from vulnerabilities and increases the system stability.
By considering all of these above mentioned factors in out day to day usage of computer, you can keep your system as fast as it was when you brought it new.
Posted by kesavamoor... on
Aug 14, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 09, 2011 | Fujitsu AMILO PC Laptops
Jan 21, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 23, 2010 | Acer Aspire 3680 Laptop
130 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!