Tip & How-To about Computers & Internet
Today tip will help you to delete the files and folders that are being used by another programs and applications, for example a virus affected file. You have tried to delete such kind of files or folders and received the any following messages.
· Cannot delete file: the file is in use by the other program
· Cannot delete file: There has been a sharing violation
· Cannot delete file: The file is in use by another program or user
· Cannot delete file: Disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
· Cannot delete file: The source or destination file may be in use
Normally, a windows restart will allow you to delete such files or folders that are being used by other program, but if you want to manage it without restart your computer then simply you need to download a freeware tool called Unlocker.
You can download this tool for any windows version using Unlocker link. Download it and run the easy setup.
After installation, right click on file or folder that you want to delete and select the option Unlocker.
If your requested file or folder is used or locked by other application then a small window listing of lockers will appear.
Here simply click on “Unlock All” button and now you can easily delete this file.
Posted by Bhautesh... on
May 23, 2013 | Dell Inspiron 15r n5110 Laptop
Jan 14, 2010 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Jun 04, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jan 14, 2009 | Tablets & eReaders
170 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!