Tip & How-To about Video Game Consoles & Games
Wii SoftMod Guide 3.1 - 4.1
Before we start into the process, you will need an SD card, at most 2gb capacity. This SD card will need to be formatted into FAT32 format.
Note: If you are on Wii System Firware 3.1, 3.3 or 3.4 You need to be connected to the Internet, unless you know the proper steps to upgrade using the Wii System WAD and Firware Updater 4.1 which I may include later.
First, download this file pack. Wii SoftMod 3.1 - 4.1 Pack
Download Readme file here. Wii SoftMod Readme
Step 1. Install The Homebrew Channel & BootMii
1. Put all the files from ‘Wii SoftMod 3.1 - 4.1.rar’ onto the root of the SD Card.
2. Insert the SD card into Wii.
3. Go to Wii Options, then go to Data Management > Channels > SD Card, then you will get a message saying "Load boot.elf?" , select 'Yes' and the Hackmii installer will run. (Goto the Channels first, then insert card or your console might freeze)
4. Install Bootmii as boot2 if you can, if not then install it as an IOS then go back and install the Homebrew Channel.
Step 2. Install Recommended CIOS
1. Go to Homebrew channel and run Trucha Bug Restorer, load IOS36, press 1, read the warnings then select 'downgrade IOS15', select to load IOS from SD card then let it do its job, keep an eye on what it is doing and make sure you select 'load from sd card' when it asks & don't get any errors.
2. Run Trucha Bug Restorer again, this time select to load IOS15 on first screen using dpad left/right, then select the IOS36 menu & install patched (select 'yes' on all 3 patches) IOS36 to slot 36, again using IOS from SD card.
3. Run Trucha Bug Restorer again, load IOS36 and this time select restore IOS15.
4. Run cIOS38 r14 installer, select IOS36 as the one it should use and then select wad install.
5. If your Homebrew Channel flips upside down then continue with the guide and when completed reinstall the homebrew channel.
Step 3. Update System Menu (Only for 3.1, 3.3 or 3.4 Firmware) Note: Internet Connection needed
1. Before you update to 4.1 make sure you have at least 250 blocks free or you will brick, install IOS60-patched first with Wad Manager using IOS249, then run Firmware Updater 4.1.
Step 4. The Final Step
1. Go to the Homebrew Channel and run Wad Manager 1.4 and load IOS249 (Default) and SD card.
2. Instal the following IOS.
* NeoGamma r8b17
Restart your console and your finished!
Posted by Noligy on
Jul 20, 2011 | Nintendo Wii Console
Mar 01, 2010 | SanDisk 2GB microSD Memory Card
Apr 19, 2009 | Kodak EasyShare CX7430 Digital Camera
799 people viewed this tip
Usually answered in minutes!